Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays! A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family. There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries. What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (There was an entry in a previous AFW of a cake that looked incredible, but used PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“)
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies. Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, eachhostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream from Tessa the Domestic Diva
I LOVE ice cream. Someday I should tell you all of the days when I worked at an ice cream parlor.
Bad idea – really bad. I would sub in a candida-friendly sweetener here. Oh – and I have never tried lucuma, but
it’s been on my shopping list for awhile now. Now is the time!
Oh -and remember you can use my Homemade Vanilla Liquid Stevia!
Cranberry-Pumpkin Energy Balls from Fresh 4 Five
We love little snack balls like this. I would sub in a candida-friendly sweetener and would use unsweetened cranberries. Speaking of that it’s about time for me to order more.
Kabocha Almond Patties from The Veggie Nook
Kabocha is a sweet tasting winter squash. I used to eat this regularly when I lived in Japan. They have a wonderful way of cooking it with soy sauce. It was simply delectable. I know these seem unusual, but I really think they are worth trying!
and Readers’ Favorite
GF & DF Dinner Rolls (three ways) from Allergy-Free Alaska
I really hope to try these. I hope they will work with my Powdered Egg Replacer. I just read you can even make yeast bread without sugar – just with a longer rising time. Very excited!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!