Balls of Mercury – Photo Source
Heavy metal poisoning.
Sounds alarmist, doesn’t it?
I almost can’t believe myself that I am writing that title.
But then–life has a way of teaching us lessons that we really didn’t want to learn.
Metal poisoning is one of them for me.
In my younger, more naive days, I used to think things like:
- life threatening food allergies were all in someone’s head
- autism and Asperger’s were just being overdiagnosed
- heavy metal poisoning or chronic fatigue was an excuse for someone who just was feeling tired and didn’t eat well or something and really had something else wrong with them
It’s hard for me to admit that, but it’s true.
There’s something about younger, full of energy years that makes one think that these things just aren’t real.
But they are.
I found out the hard way.
I’ve shared a lot with you all already about autism and Asperger’s, like in the following posts:
- Natural Autism Healing and the Best Therapy Ever
- Did Vaccines Cause My Son’s Autism
- Special Needs Children – A Sign from God
- Natural Autism Healing (Monster Included!)
And though I haven’t shared our whole story about life threatening food allergies, believe me—they are real.
I’ll share more in the future.
But heavy metal toxicity? That’s just a little too weird to be true, right?
Well, I’m going to share with you just a little bit today about our path with heavy metals, with more to come.
When my oldest son was born, we knew he was very sensitive. His poor little body was covered (literally) with horrible eczema at 3 months.
I went to great lengths to continue to breastfeed, including doing trials to figure out what he was allergic to and adjusting my diet accordingly.
But when his health took another big downturn at age 6, we knew our work with him needed to go beyond food elimination.
Heavy Metals in Our Family–the Beginning
My son was super anxious and had obsessive behaviors that were almost impossible to handle.
Basically we were trapped in our home for a year. And mom went into overdrive trying to figure out what was wrong with him.
Finally, we arrived at a diagnosis of Asperger’s Syndrome (a form of autism) for my son, and I ended up with candida and adrenal burnout (see my post on a test for adrenal fatigue).
That’s when the visits with alternative practitioners and the heavy metal questions began.
There’s a lot of info about heavy metals and autism on the internet.
Some of them are fascinating.
Did you know, for example, that:
- Babies with autism have less mercury in their hair than neuro-typical babies? That’s because the babies with autism don’t detox the mercury so it is staying in their little vulnerable bodies. Source
- Vaccines still contain mercury? See this chart and become informed. Why would anyone want to get a flu shot and inject mercury into themselves? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Believe me, a little mercury goes a long way.
- Titanium dioxide, which is used often as a “natural” coloring is really a heavy metal – titanium is a heavy metal.
- Aluminum is used in medicine in many ways, typically as a preservative? Source
- my son’s autism
- candidiasis (an overgrowth of yeast in one’s entire body)
- receding gums (which I had)
- varicose veins (which I had, despite my not having many of the risk factors except for my paternal grandmother, who had quite a few. However, she also bore 7 children.)
The Evidence of Heavy Metal Poisoning Becomes Undeniable
One of the kind souls who helped me along my path to healing was Martin Pytela of Life Enthusiast Co op.
Martin himself was almost wheelchair-ridden from mercury poisoning.
He recommended several immune boosting supplements as well as liquid zeolite (a supplement that makes a small cage to trap toxins and heavy metals and the releases them in your urine) to remove toxins and metals from my body.
So, on his recommendation, I tried some purified liquid zeolite drops in my water as a detox supplement.
What happened to me was, well — very interesting.
This might qualify as the current expression “TMI” for “too much information”, but in the interest of sharing what I think is important health information with my readers, here goes.
I first tried a normal dose of the zeolite in each glass of water, but it was too much for me, apparently. I had fatigue that was like a cloud in my brain.
So, assuming I was having a herxheimer reaction (detox symptoms such as flu-like symptoms, fatigue, headache, or uneasiness, that occur when toxins are flooding your body faster than you can deal with them), I cut back to 1 drop per glass of water.
I tolerated that dose. And my urine smelled. Like metal. For over 2 months.
My husband started taking the liquid zeolite as well.
As for his urine–well–he now describes it as “glow-in-the-dark Mountain Dew” (not that we ever drink that stuff, mind you :-)).
At that point, I was introduced to Theresa Vernon and Nutritional Balancing.
I mentioned Theresa in my post on Adrenal Fatigue.
I will share more later about how I met Theresa, but I called her to talk about possibly working with her.
I mentioned my husband’s urine color and she replied that cadmium is bright yellow,but she said that it was uncommon for cadmium to be released this easily.
However, months later when we had my whole family’s hair tested, guess what came up on my husband’s hair test?
I was a believer. The metals were there and they needed to come out.
In my next posts on Heavy Metal Toxicity, I’ll share more about zeolite, what it is and how I use it now. Also, I’ll share about other metals that have impacted our family.
I will also be sharing why I think metal toxicity is such a problem in our world today and some options for you to deal with it if you suspect that you have a toxicity problem.
If you are intrigued, and you’d like to try a bottle of liquid zeolite yourself, please check out my store page. It’s not set up with a fancy-schmancy shopping cart yet, but I hope to have one soon, once my new site design is up.
I’ll also be happy to send along to you the dosing information that we used and are using now.
(Update 10/13: I apologize for the delay in the follow up posts. I’m learning a lot more about detox and trying different things out so I can share with you all in the future. I am still using the zeolite but some of my thinking about other aspects of my protocol are changing so I need to regroup before putting the information out there. Thanks for your patience!)
Mercury Photo Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pgordon/4097094562/