Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A collection of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
There is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
My Favorites from Last Week (with substitution ideas)~
Mini Chocolate Cream Tarts from Living Lo Carb
My boys chose these. I would sub my DIY Egg Replacer for the eggs for my son, and would use a different sweetener.
Most likely I’d use xylitol since we are on a candida diet. Stevia might work as well.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes from Cooking Gluten and Dairy Free
These might turn out flat using my Homemade Egg Replacer, but I will try!
I’d also sub in a different nut or seed butter for the PB and my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips. Yum!!! Nothing like PB and Chocolate.
Roasted Tomato Chipotle Mac & Cheese (w/ DF option) from Hobby and More
I would sub in a different nut–most likely macadamias, but any would work it you’re OK with color variations. And GF pasta of course!!
and Readers’ Favorites
Almond Butter Fudge from Beyond the Peel
We are off bananas, for the most part, due to bananas, so I might try this and sub in sweet potato, avocado or pumpkin.
The result would be different, but yummy I’m sure. Also, I’d use a candida free sweetener.
Caramel Gooey Bars by The Non Dairy Queen
Lots of subs here–Homemade Chocolate Chips and a healthier sweetener. And a Homemade Caramel that I need to develop–anyone have a good dairy free healthy one?!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!