Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
Readers’ Favorites from Last Week (with my substitution suggestions)!
Homemade Gatorade by Sensitive and Centsible
I’d just use the healthiest sweetener you can – stevia would work great in this!
GF Waffles of Delight from Allergy Friendly Taste Buds
And My Favorites ~
I can’t wait to make these Lime Cream Bars from Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry (yes, she’s a hostess –couldn’t help myself !)
I would have to sub another nut for my cashew allergic son. Macadamias would work great!!
And I might use stevia or xylitol.
And look at this great Grain Free Maple Cinnamon Granola from The Nerdy Farm Wife.
I’d just use a different sweetener since we’re sugar free. Yum!!
Well….so I hope that gets you going with some great ideas to serve your family well!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer here.