Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction :-)). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me :-).
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
*Please provide a description of your recipe, such as Dairy Free (DF), Gluten Free (GF), Sugar Free (SF), Vegan (V), etc.
Rules & Guidelines
*In order for your recipe to be featured, your post must contain a back link to our blog hop.
Each week, I’ll feature reader favorites and mine. Since I’m new this week – my favorite will start next week!
Readers Favorites from Last Week!
And My Favorites Were:
Grain Free Tostada Shell from Against All Grain.
I LOVE the grain free shells!
Ground Beef with Peas and Carrots by This Chick Cooks.
Sounds simple and it is! My kind of dinner!
On the sweet side, these Coconut Cream Pie Tarts by Living with Food Allergies and Celiac.
These look like one of the next things I’ll be making!
So now onto the blog hop!
I look forward to seeing what you all have to share!