Welcome back to another week of Allergy Free Wednesdays!
A week of yumminess that is aimed at making it easier for you to create healthy, allergy free foods for you and your family.
As I mentioned, this past week, there is no “clear rule” against including processed ingredients in your submission (but we hope you are moving in that direction ). So…occasionally you will find some “whole foodie undesirables” in the entries.
What to do if you see processed foods and don’t want them?:
- White or brown sugar? Sub in sucanat, or honey or an acceptable sugar free sweetener. Get help subbing in my post on Substituting Sweeteners in Baking and Cooking
- Chocolate Chips? Sub in my Homemade Chocolate / Carob Chips (new & improved version coming soon!)
- Others? Don’t think you’ll find many, but ask away if need be. (I see an entry this week for a cake that looks incredible but uses PB cups – I have a great healthy sub for that – Healthy “Almost Reese’s!“
So—-welcome to Allergy-Free Wednesdays (AFW). AFW is a weekly blog hop where folks can share their allergy-free cuisine, gain knowledge about allergy-related topics/issues, and connect with others living or caring for someone with food allergies.
Your weekly submissions will be shared on 7 blogs! Additionally, each hostess will feature a favorite recipe(s) from the week before. Please visit each blog to see their features! Your hostesses are:
- Tessa @ Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
- Nancy @ Real Food Allergy Free
- Amber @ The Tasty Alternative
- Michelle @ The Willing Cook,
- Janelle @ Gluten Freely Frugal
- and–Me .
Wondering What You Can Link Up on Allergy Free Wednesday?
Readers’ Favorites from Last Week (with my substitution suggestions)!
2 EZ GF Candy Bars from Premeditated Leftovers
These would be pretty tough to sub, but I’d start with my Homemade Chocolate Chips!
Then I’d got to work on MYO white chips and Homemade Choc Cookies (none of which I have perfected yet )
Chickpea Cheese by Vegan Mommy Chef
This caught my eye earlier this week. We are for sure going to be heading out to get some miso soon!!!!
Allergy Friendly Cinnamon Buns from In Everything
I think I’d just try these w/ GF flour and coconut oil and a different sweetener like xylitol (whatever healthier option you can have).
And for the powdered sugar, I’d make my own Powdered Sugar Substitute.
And My Favorites ~
Honestly, my choice is the Chickpea Cheese!
Otherwise, I’d choose GF Sourdough Bread from Hobby and More.
Looks pretty involved, but worth the work!
Well….so I hope that gets you going with some great ideas to serve your family well!
I can’t wait to see what you all have this week!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer here.